Sunday, December 18, 2016

City manager Pep Guardiola lit into his squad at half-time of their match today. They responded just two minutes after the break and went on to win. Before the match Guardiola gave a soulful interview to former Arsenal player Thierry Henry of Sky Sports:

“It doesn’t mean my footballing ideas are special, different, better than the others. I am not saying it’s my football, my ideas, and the other coaches are nothing. It’s the way I believe. I’m not special.


“What I am living through now is what all of the managers in the world are living. I am not top of the league right now, but I am focused more on understanding the league.

“It is a challenge, but it’s a normal situation for all the managers around the world, and I know at this club you have to build something."

"This unpredictable game here in England makes it so fascinating for the fans, because you never know what will happen. It’s always there’s a last chance for one team, which makes it so beautiful, but to try to control it is a bit more difficult and we will need more time.

"I cannot change. This is what I believe in and it can be successful.”

"Will I be a success? I don’t know. After six months we have made some good things, some not so good things."