Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Oh my God.


"The Temptation of Saint Anthony" is a fecund search term for paintings that are so bad they're funny.

For years, largely before this reincarnation of Public Occurrences, I was as driven in my amateur study of art as I was to become of China. But then 9/11 happened and I dribbled away from art to Islam. Still dribbled, dabbled; it was art that actually was the wedge to China. 

Art is more ethnocentric than Trump. "Art" in the West means "Western Art." I really exhausted Western Art and thought c'mon, that is so stupid, there is other art. And man, Chinese art was soooo different. Studied that good and then that first trip to China and I abandoned Islam, wasn't making any headway anyway, nobody important believed what I believed, I couldn't make any headway--I did appear on a radio show on Islam, though, "a," one.--and I got frustrated and then took that first trip to Beijing and immediately got hooked on the CR. 

DID make some headway on China, HAD an itsy-bitsy amount of notice, never went back to Chinese art, Art, or Islam, and then went as far as I could go on the CR and have become a dissipated, driftless piece of shit since. How's your life?