Sunday, November 26, 2017

Follow me here and understand my shock at the Schiano reaction in Tennessee:

I, Benjamin Harris, have written that PSU should be shut down.

To that end I have written that PSU should be prosecuted for racketeering under state and federal RICO laws.

Failing an official shutdown I have urged just one university, any one, to affect a de facto shutdown by refusing to play PSU. That might start a chain reaction--exactly the chain reaction we are seeing today--of other schools refusing to play them which would, at least, shut down the football program.

I have written urging the Big Ten Conference to kick PSU out.

Failing all of that I have vowed, and have kept my vow, never to mention the name of the university that the initials stand for unless I can take that name in vain.

Therefore, I have the deepest respect for what Tennessee people are doing today if they are sincere and haven't just caught some fever from a bad batch of Jack or maybe they all tried absinthe today for the first time and are hallucinating, I say, to test their sincerity I pose to them the following questions:

Have you refused to play PSU, of the "Penn State child sex abuse scandal" (Wikipedia), since 2012?

If you haven't had that opportunity would you sign a petition today, right now, demanding that the UT administration never, ever, play a football game against PSU?

Do that and then I'll believe you haven't been drinking some bad hooch.