Sunday, January 14, 2018

Heating Up

The Heat made it seven in a row in the first game of the second half of the season, a rare blowout win, 97-79, over Milwaukee. Bucks are a good team, 8th in the conference, winning record, now 22-20.

I'll say this one more time and then got off their case. It is unprofessional, and these are professionals, it is disrespectful of coach Eric Spoelstra, president Pat Riley, owner Mickey Arison, the high paying ticket buyers who allegedly sold out American Airlines Arena for the 300th consecutive regular season game, and most importantly, in my view, it is an insult to their integrity as people and especially as professionals, that these Heat players didn't get in gear at the beginning of the season. This is unforgivable in Riley's hierarchy of values (and in my own). He got rid of Shaquille O'Neal because Shaq came into camp after winning Miami's first NBA title, out of shape, lackadaisical and unmotivated. I still remember what he said to Alonzo Mourning when he was recruiting him: "Come to Miami, Zo, and let's get to work." I remember his early TV commercials: "Hard work guarantees you nothing. But without it, you don't stand a chance." Pat Riley's ethos of work inspired me--who lacked no inspiration to work--to work even harder in my profession, the law. It is inexcusable.

I am done. That was enough. I will not do this again and I keep my promises.

GO HEAT!