Saturday, January 20, 2018

Rust and Pus

Oh my goodness, Cleveland was humiliated in The Land 148-124 today by OKC. 148 pernts! LBJ said he'd never played in a game, including videos(!) where 148 points were scored. OKC shot 58%. 58 percent. They're not trying, there's no effort, no D, take it off the end of the name. It's not my impression that owner Dan Gilbert has a long fuse (neither have I) and if I were him (I. Am. NOT.) I would be so pissed, so embarrassed, so furious...I'd fire somebody, maybe sell the whole fucking team I'd be so disgusted. And, on that score, ESPN's write-up has it that head coach Tyronn Lue's job may be at stake.

This is new. This is not their normal winter of discontent and malaise, there is something (actually there's a lot) rotten in Cleveland. It had to have been embarrassing to management that Lue hardly ever has them practicing, that is soo unprofessional, to the point that newbie Isaiah Thomas has mentioned it as a factor in the team's slide repeatedly. Management is going to say they knew and it's hard to imagine that they didn't since otherwise it would appear that nobody was minding the store, but that they knew and were okay with it until the team started playing like it was in Cleveland or some bite place like that is so unprofessional and derelict it's disgusting. Fire Toby Altman too, Gilbert (You are a swine, Gilbert but I feel ya here.). Then, there was Lue, and other players, publically grumbling that LBJ has an "agenda."

Wrong. Something is badly wrong. They've lost 10 of 14 and have been blown out by 28, 34, and 24 in twelve days. Inexcusable. Do something Gilbert, even if it's wrong.