Saturday, January 20, 2018

"We were a better defensive team in Boston," said Thomas..."...in Boston we were just a better defensive team. We played a lot harder."

Lue was kind of all over the place in a sense on Saturday. He said he likes "who we have" on the team before the game...

But after Saturday's game, Lue cited matchups and the players' inability to play one-on-one defense...If "skill" isn't the issue, then it would seem to be scheme [i.e. coaching].
...
LeBron James' effort [on defense] fluctuates.
Cleveland.com


Cavs are a tired act — bring on the Celtics

Is there a Finals rematch ahead? Four straight years of this? Good grief, let’s hope not.

Is it really that difficult to give an all-out defensive effort whenever you take the floor? Shooting performances come and go, but defense can be a constant...

The Cavaliers haven’t played tough defense for weeks...

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/jenkins/article/Cavs-are-a-tired-act-bring-on-the-Celtics-12496588.php#photo-14881534

What really annoys me about this is myself. Did I fall for this bullshit again? Are they going to reel off 18 out of 19 again like they did in December and make all this forgotten and a waste of my time even paying attention to it, to say nothing of boring people writing about this. This is a one man outfit here and the shop has been manned for sixteen years and the shopkeeper ain't gettin' younger. I used to be more parsimonious about subjects, spent more time thinking "Should I or shouldn't I?" Used to be more wary of the in for a dime in for a dollar writing trap. I just got tired. The constant writing on relentlessly serious subjects wore me down. The election just took it out of me. Spent the next day in bed! Have written less and have written less about subjects like that on the header and have written just about stuff that amuses me, that doesn't upset me and worry me. Now if this turns out to be all bullshit and the "Cavs" right the ship and get to the Finals again then this will have been bullshit attention-paying on a bullshit subject. I cannot waste time. Never have been able to. I am never off. I am always on and am always conscious of expending time and effort on bullshit. Don't want to do that. Good night.