Saturday, January 27, 2018

Unloveable

No normal person can even like this Cleveland "Cavaliers" team.

When I last checked the score last night Cleveland was pulling away from Indiana. Led after each quarter and as the 3Q was ending they had expanded the lead, right before my eyes, to 13 then 14 then 16 then 17. They were blowing Indiana out. It made me cynical. "Flipped the switch," to self.

When I woke up this morning I was surprised that the final margin was only 7 (Indiana got as close as five). Then the details:

-LBJ had 11 turnovers, half a dozen in the 4Q.

-Pawnshop customers booed Isaiah Thomas in the 4Q.

-Kevin Love sarcastically bent down to hand the ball to Insufficiently Tall after grabbing a rebound.

-IT left the building bypassing reporters who he had not addressed since the Oklahoma City Massacre.

Insufficient spoke today. Never called out Kevin Love, nah-ah.

"To be real, I didn't call him out. I asked him why wasn't he at the game during the game supporting his teammates."

OHHH! See?
 On his defensive performance thus far, nah-ah:

“We’ve been a lowest five defensive team in the NBA the whole time, so when I come back, it’s my fault now. Which, life isn’t fair, but that’s not fair, bro. At all."

Yeah, it was like that.
...
On his shooting woes, nah-ah:

"What did you trade me here for? To not shoot? To not find my rhythm? To not be Isaiah Thomas? I can’t be anybody else," he said.

Yeah, follow along.

Pithy commentary there by Joe Vardon.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2018/01/isaiah_thomas_says_theres_no_b.html#incart_big-photo

-Love tossed a warmup in the face of teammate Jeff Green at the end of a timeout.

-When Green tried to make light of the incident to reporters after the game, Love responded, "I don't like you Jeff."

See? They don't even like each other.

-Dwayne Wade was not with the team: left to attend to an emergency family situation. In Mode Cynicism I thought to Derrick Rose leaving the "Knicks" for an emergency family situation which turned out to be himself. I shouldn't have been so cynical. Wade's was about someone else, not himself, technically not a family member, his agent, who died.  (Notice to all my loving clients: do NOT miss work when I die.)

The Cavs don't know when Wade will rejoin the team. Head coach Tyronn Lue and general manager Koby Altman told Wade to "take his time." 

"However much time he needs to take to get over what he's going through, then he'll be back," Lue said. 

At least he won't be missing practice.
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2018/01/dwyane_wade_away_from_cavalier.html

It was reported for the first time this morning that it was Wade, along with Insuffiently Tall, who led at the Inquisition into Kevin Love's health. Half a season with a new team and Wade is making trouble. Did the same thing in Chicago at the same time last year.

-Rose had a good game last night but...There is always a but with this unloveable, hatable bunch.

In the latest controversy to strike the Cavaliers, coach Tyronn Lue couldn't find Derrick Rose in the fourth quarter of Friday's 115-108 win over the Pacers.

Rose, as it turned out, drank too much water.

"Hydrating," Rose explained. "I think that a lot of people hydrate. It's one of the reasons Lue got mad at me yesterday. I was in the bathroom. I didn't know he wanted me to come back in the game."

Only this season, and only in Cleveland.

Ditto on Joe Vardon.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2018/01/derrick_roses_bathroom_break_c.html#incart_river_mobile_index

-Dan Gilbert still owns the team.

Unloveable. Unlikeable. Detestable. The Cleveland Cadavers.