Thursday, March 28, 2019

Mueller Report Exceeds 300 Pages, Raising Questions About Four-Page Summary

(NYT)

Over 300 pages. How much is that? I look at my bookshelf and pull down The Art of Chess as being about the right thickness. 373 pages. Mueller's report is probably not that long. I go for a thinner volume, Heart of Darkness. Whoa! Shot way too low. Only 231 pages. I see War and Peace. Ho ho ho. I think it took me like six months to read that book. How long is that thing? I guess 1200-1400 pages? Answer is!: 1455! Damn close! I once listened to one of The Teaching Company's lectures on literature. Michael Sugrue (sp?) was the lecturer. "What's War and Peace about?," some student asked another professor. The professor paused. How do you answer that question? His brain whirring the professor finally landed on, "It's about Russia." See how easily I can get distracted? Okay, back on topic again. As I Lay Dying. 261 pages. Damn font size and printing format. The Age of Innocence, 293. Gettin' closer. Tender is the Night. There it is! Tender is the Night is 315 pages long. The Mueller report is the length of Tender is the Night and Trump's Attorney General Cliff Noted to "It's not about Russia."