Tuesday, March 24, 2020

This is how I feel.

“No one reached out to me and said, ‘as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren? And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in. That doesn’t make me noble or brave or anything like that...I want to live smart and see through this, but I don’t want the whole country to be sacrificed. My message is that let's get back to work, let's get back to living. Let's be smart about it and those of us who are 70+, we'll take care of ourselves. But don't sacrifice the country."
     -Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, 70 years old.

I wish I had the option. I would not mandate it for others. I am not (yet) 70 years old. I am asymptomatic. I have no pre-existing medical condition that makes me vulnerable other than insanity. Yet, I must stay at home, too. I want to live. This is surviving. I want to live.