Monday, September 20, 2021

Look at this:



















225? 225?! You're out of your fucking minds. That's you CDC, you're out of your minds. When I was doing this earnestly, nightly, it took me a little while to understand that despite labels like "New Deaths" these were the reported numbers, not the actual number who died in a particular day. It took me longer as I recall in addition to understand "reporting lag." Remember that? Initially I waxed poetic about the "architecture" created by the bar graphs, the Manhattan skyline, the Golden Gate Bridge. "Gosh, there's a pattern to these bars, wonder why?" Because the fucking reporters don't work weekends! By the time it gets published from the desks of the CDC or Johns Hopkins or the New York Times, it's a Sunday-Monday lag. Yesterday was Sunday. Ergo, 225.

CDC is going to recommend policy on these numbers, folks! You cannot make policy on a bed of bullshit. I gave up with the Faux Labor Day numbers. 

You see the disparity between new REPORTED deaths and the 7-day daily average? Over five times! The Quasi-Official New York Times disparity is worse.
I expected this to be Spanish Flu Conquest Day, thus the image on the header and the post now superseded by fourteen minutes. I bet it's not. The Times has not yet posted their daily numbers for today, Lag-Monday, but I don't...The Times just this moment published the reported numbers for Sept. 20, 2,087 deaths quasi-officially. CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA! WE ARE WORSE THAN 100 YEARS AGO! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!