Monday, December 20, 2021

Joy to the World

This morning my girl-child sent me the youtube video of Heaven on Earth by Belinda Carlisle with a note “great song.” It is, it was, and it always will be. I had turned my daughter on to Heaven years ago and have posted about it a few times. 

Well, that text got me started. I sent Dion the youtube Our Lips Are Sealed by the Go-Go’s with Belinda as lead singer. The Go-Go’s are the most successful all-girl band of all time. Briefly in the 1980’s they were the IT group and Belinda Carlisle the IT girl. I mean, are you kidding me, look at them? Sexy and flirty and free, driving (soo American) and singing and goofing, frolicking in a fountain, Belinda, American white perfect teeth, beautiful as a flower, still with her baby fat, as much youthful energy as an atomic bomb. This is the forever-young SoCal Belinda Carlisle, America’s darling.







The video: