Friday, January 04, 2008

China's Great Wall of Silence: Song Yaowu Plays Hard to Get.


Song, you tease.


About three weeks ago, I called you twice at your U.S. phone

number, and both times you had your phone connected to

your fax machine. PROBABLY OUT WITH ANOTHER MAN!


Today, after I got home from work, FOR PROSECUTING

CRIMINALS FOR MURDER, I noticed that I had two missed

calls from you. My heart skipped a beat. Then, about forty-

five minutes later you called again. With quavering voice,

I answered, "Benjamin Harris." You didn't hang

up immediately, because you were unsure what to do, but

after about two seconds, I heard, "click." I called you back but,

coquettishly, you had put your phone on fax mode again.



Song, don't you see, it's inevitable? We were meant to be.

Jilted suitors everywhere feel my pain and, like all of them

who are successful, I will never give up.


Love,

Ben