Thursday, May 16, 2013

Myanmar [Burma] 8
USA 5
Germany 1
Sweden 1
( last two hours)

A friend and I were conversating today about how puzzling it can be to navigate the world wide web and I told him that one of the pleasurable mysteries of having had a blog for so long is imagining how people find such a tiny website as this. I mentioned to him that a few days ago there was a spike in readers from Norway; there was a spike yesterday from Ukraine. Now Myanmar. As I told my friend, China I can understand but Russia now number two? I've written a lot of dumb "Rooski" posts but "serious" posts like on China, maybe a couple on Alexie Navalny and Pussy Riot, that's it. Ukraine, never; and Ukraine is tenth in pageviews. Norway?  Nothing serious (a couple that tickled me anyway) after Obama won the Nobel Peace prize. Myanmar/Burma, puh-lease.