Monday, May 13, 2013

"Obama Scoffs At Libya Outcry..."

I don't know if "scoffs" is the right political strategy. Maybe I just don't liked being "scoffed"...or "scoffed at," whatever the proper usage is. Not that he's scoffing at me, I have no "evidence" that he actually, like, knows who I am.  All I know is he never calls!

Seriously, Obama doesn't (didn't, anyway) seem to me a "scoffer." He has not seemed to me to be an arrogant man Oh, I can hear the guffaws. One who scoffs, who is "dismissive," I would think such a person to be arrogant, like "You little twits, be gone!"  He does not seem to me the you-little-twits-be-gone sort, but I could be wrong. He views the world as a very "complex" place (I've read). Twits don't make the world complex, they make it simple, you don't have to pay attention to them, you can be "dismissive" of them and their twitting viewpoints. So, this is new, to me.

                                                              -OR-

Sometimes, a person "scoffs" as a cover (up) when he really is concerned about something. "You little twits, be gone" because I can't make you go away with the facts! There is a there there: Susan Rice did go on the Sunday talk shows and say Benghazi was not a terrorist attack. And she did blame it on "Innocence of Muslims."  As did the president, and the secretary of state. And the "talking points" were scrubbed of references to Al Qaeda in Libya. And David Petraeus, then head of the CIA was "exasperated" at several points by the administration's insistence that CIA reports not use the term "Islamic terrorists."  Be gone, Islamic terrorists! The Obamas can't make Islamic terrorists go away in fact so they have tried to, and are trying to, make them go away stylistically, in print. T'aint gonna happen.