Friday, August 21, 2015

Hey. You alive in ought-eight? Anybody able to read this was alive in ought-eight. In July ought-eight West Texas Intermediate crude oil, the U.S. benchmark grade, reached its all-time high price of $146/bbl. Know what the price of WTI was in December ought-eight? $32. :o Honest Injun, Pilgrim, that's what it says in Barron's, which I only know on accounta I forgot to pack a book for an airplane trip and in a panic picked up Barron's which I never picked up before for insufficient panic.

That is more than a 75% drop in the price of earl in six months. Do you remember that? I have no memory of that. Do you remember having a little extra yuan in your pockets for Christmas spending in December ought-eight? I have no memory of a little extra yuan in my pocket for Christmas spending in December ought-eight. Why did the price of oil drop 75% in six months in ought-eight? Barron's doesn't answer that. Barron's is predicting oil to drop to $20 per barrel this year before rebounding. Why would oil do that? Barron's doesn't say so I may pick up Popular Mechanics or something the next time I don't know I'll have to see.

Did you know that China's exports fell 8.9% in July this year from the last year? I did not know about
that either. Did you know that Zhongnanhai has the green shits over that? I did know that Zhongnanhai has the green shits over their economy generally I just didn't know about the 8.9% I'm sorry. Maybe I'll check out Maxim next time for insight into the Chinese economy and green shits.

These are things you learn and don't learn when you make a $6 panicked purchase of Barron's at the airport because you forgot a book and I pass them on to yinz for yinz information and you're welcome. Good night.