Sunday, December 23, 2018

Senator Bob Corker
Verified account
@SenBobCorker

Yes, just like Mexico is paying for the wall... #AlertTheDaycareStaff
12:19 PM - 23 Dec 2018

Donald J. Trump
Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Senator Bob Corker just stated that, “I’m so priveledged [sic] to serve in the Senate for twelve years, and that’s what I told the people of our state that’s what I’d do, serve for two terms.” But that is Not True - wanted to run but poll numbers TANKED when I wouldn’t endorse him.....
11:56 AM - 23 Dec 2018

Sen. Bob Corker, "State of the Union," CNN:

"This is a made-up fight, so the president can look like he's fighting. But, even if he wins, our borders are going to be insecure…So, this is something that is unnecessary. It's a spectacle. And, candidly, it's juvenile. The whole thing is juvenile." (emphasis added)

Trump is the first post-literate president and the first virtual president. Corker is dead on here. It's about "looking like" he's fighting. Remember Marco Rubio's laser shot at Trump over the faux threat to punch somebody in the face: "Donald Trump has never punched anybody in the face in his whole life. He's not a tough guy. He's not!" That was about Trump "looking like he's fighting," also rather than doing the real thing.

Man, I used to dream of this: of taunting Trump to a real fist fight. "Come on, Trump I'll give you the first punch!" And when he wouldn't, painting him into a corner: "I'm giving you the first shot Trump. If you don't take it in five seconds I will. One, Two, Three, Four..." He would then throw a half-hearted sissy's punch--because he would be afraid, as all bullies secretly are--that, of course, I would be totally prepared for, would slip it and then counter punch and knock him on his ass.

Ah! but for the Secret Service...How about if I just taunted him? What would be the crime in that?