Friday, December 27, 2019

Stayin' Alive, Bee Gees (1977)

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk
Music loud and women warm, I've been kicked around
Since I was born
And now it's alright, it's okay
And you may look the other way
We can try to understand
The New York Times' effect on man










Do NOT tell me you knew that....NO YOU DID NOT! LIAR LIAR YOUR UNDERPANTS ARE IN FLAMES. SHUT UP!

Did you know this? I did...I DID!...Don't fucking start on me I
                                                                                                     Did.

Levon, Elton John (1971)

Levon bears his war wound like a crown
He calls his child Jesus
'Cause he likes the name
And he sends him to the finest school in town
Levon, Levon likes his money
He makes a lot, they say
Spends his days countin'
In a garage by the motorway

He was born a pauper to a pawn
On a Christmas day
When the New York Times said
"God is dead and the War's begun"
Alvin Tostig has a son today


are there any other pop songs that have the New York Times in their lyrics just curious