Tuesday, June 11, 2013

If that had been in Russia, it would have produced a belly laugh and a "Rooski!" post.

Yes, like Yeltsin dancing (My God she's hot.). There is a buffonery to Russia.

"Chinese" "buffoon:"  Now that is an uncommon word pairing. Chinese are so earnest, so hard-working, so serious. There are no Chinese buffoons.

China does not make me laugh. I read an article recently, the word I alerted to was "desperation."
The reason, the article said, that the Chinese government is so aggressive in cybertheft of intellectual property in the US is because "desperation" has set in. Zhongnanhai believes that unless they can sustain 7%-8% annual growth there's going to be trouble (It's the old Chinese bugaboo Fear). And they can't sustain it without copying.

China is the most fascinating place on earth. No other people have gotten into my soul the way the Chinese have. But, China makes me feel sad.