Tuesday, February 04, 2014

On Kris Dylwood.

Boy. Folks, I don't know what is wrong with me. I have not been thinking well on this subject. Taking posts down, putting them back up. I've concentrated on this sentence by Mr. Kristof in 2-3 posts now and I missed the most important part:

"When evidence is ambiguous, do we really need to leap to our feet and lionize an alleged molester."

The most important part of that sentence is "when evidence is ambiguous." Think of what that means for Kristof's "standard."  If even when evidence is ambiguous, friendship or honors are withheld or the accused is boycotted or shunned, all things I dealt with in previous posts, then an impossible, an utterly impossible, standard is set for "unimpeachable honor." The evidence of dishonor should be unambiguous and unimpeachable. Kristof has taken leave of his senses. That is outrageous. It is an outrageous statement to make. There is something going on here with Kristof. He is too close to this--somehow, for some reason--to be writing crap like this. He has no perspective, he's writing claptrap.

And so am I. How did I miss that? I don't know, I don't know. Readers of this page can expect corrections in previous posts, maybe entire re-writes, I don't know. I'll read them all over tomorrow and see what else I've fucked up. And an apology now. I have thought hard and spent a lot of time writing on this subject and I've botched it. I apologize. I will report for a struggle session tomorrow.