Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Guido Zentai.

When I first saw this photo I thought the dancer had been objectified as a pendant, it looked to me like a peace symbol on a necklace. But she clearly is gripping the ring, as if it were a standard dancer's exercise circle or something, I don't know! In looking at it more closely it is a necklace chain, not the suspension cable for, like, a heavy bag or whatever. So, I don't know what the ring is. Whatever.

The point is, objectification,"women as objects."


In many cases I and others would be opposed to that. Above is women objectified! Sex objects, too. I don't object to the sink legs. When I first saw a similar installation some years ago I was delighted by the whimsical creativity. But perhaps I am a swine.

The Argentini above is also objectification of women. Don't have a problem with that either. It's too beautiful to be objectionable. I do not think "Artemis,"


is objectification.

The practice of some Jews to have sex only through a hole in the sheet, the rest of the woman completely covered, that--That is totally bizarre--is rendering the woman a sexual object. A hole in the legs accessed through a hole in the sheet.

Zentai...Argentini... Zentai completely anonymizes human beings. But zentai does not objectify!



Clearly, that is a human being and--I think that's a female--she is not doubling as an object or posing as an object. Even the gender in zentai is ambiguous sometimes. But the zentai suits are so form-fitting I don't think you can say they de-gender. Argentini certainly does not de-gender. The effect of covering a person from head to toe, whether with fabric or with paint, is to depersonalize them, They are uniform in appearance, stripped of their identity. Okay...Is that bad? I don't know. What does it do for the viewer?

This is where I don't get zentai. I think zentai is some sort of sexual fetish. Like a lot of sexual fetishes it just may not appeal to individual viewers. It does not to me but I'm unsure about the fetish because I don't see the possibility of sex! How the hell do you have sex with a zentai person? I don't know. Zentai seems to de-sexualize the wearer and it can't be a sexual fetish if you take out the sexual. I don't think. Zentai seems like the Muslim Burqas or Sherpas or whatever they're called. And the burqa is intended to de-sexualize.


Miss April. Western fashion model.

                                           Masquerade full-face with head scarf.

Anonymity creates mystery, mystery can be sexually exciting. I find beautiful masquerade masks on hot-bodied women sexually exciting. I don't consider the runway model's face mask beautiful. Therefore even though she has a hot body I don't find her sexually exciting. The masquerade woman's mask is beautiful but I can't see any of her body and so don't find her sexually exciting.

There can be sexiness in anonymity, depersonalization, and objectification. There's a lot of that in
one-night stands and casual sex and there are a lot of one-night stands and casual sex! You can throw away your inhibitions when you're not you.

So:

Zentai--anonymizes, depersonalizes, desexualizes, does not objectify, semi-de-genders.
Argentini  amonymizes (pretty completely), depersonalizes,  does not desexualize, sometimes objectifies, does not de-gender.
Jewish practice--anonymizes, sexually objectifies.
Muslim burqa--anonymizes, de-personalizes, de-sexualizes, de-genders--except that everyone knows only women wear burqas.
Western full face mask fashion (there's actually a House of-----(French) that specializes in those things)--anonymizes, depersonalizes.
Masquerade full face mask--anonymizes, depersonalizes.

So, yeah. Imo.