Saturday, October 27, 2018

Pain Day 8

After a Saturday at the office normal people look forward to the night and being horizontal on a nice comfortable mattress. S-l-e-e-p, Ah!

No Ah! for moi.

I dread the night now. For some reason being horizontal for an extended period increases the pain. Which is why the undersigned went to the the office today. No place to lie down there. That, and the Purple Palace smells like a poorly ventilated Gold's Gym. The bedding is soaked with sweat. (Ladies, if this is proving too exciting, the worst is over.)

This nerve pain is just the opposite of muscular pain: sitting used to kill my back--which is why I have emulated Chairman Mao on his kang bed for years. Now, it's being in bed that kills me. There has not been a night during this god...blessed week-plus that I have not gotten up in the middle of the night and not experienced the worst pain of the 24 hours. I have no choice: I must do the exercises to ease the pain if I am to fall back asleep but the exercises are so painful to perform after a few hours of being recumbent that I can't do them as when I'm fully awake. So I have taken to doing them while soaking in a hot tub of water. Try going back to sleep after that!

And now cometh the night again.