Monday, June 20, 2022

Sometimes I Wonder...

For two years, the coronavirus killed Americans on a brutal, predictable schedule: A few weeks after infections climbed so did deaths, cutting an unforgiving path across the country.

But that pattern appears to have changed. Nearly three months since an ultra-contagious set of new Omicron variants launched a springtime resurgence of cases, people are nonetheless dying from Covid at a rate close to the lowest of the pandemic.

What are the odds? The first time since June 1 I posted on COVID-19 and the very next day the Quasis have the same story angle. I have confessed this before so I am immune to humiliation (if not COVID-19): Do they read this, Public Occurrences? I have concluded many times that, of course, Thomas L. Friedman does not. I conclude that the reporter on this piece does not either. But maybe...lol.