It's "Trump Claimed Without Evidence" Day!
Trump Blames Minnesota, Not Iran, for Cyberattack, Despite Initial Investigation
🤣
President Trump claimed without evidence that Minnesota’s Democratic government was “behind” a cyberattack on the state’s own water systems. Investigators believe Iran is likely responsible.
The New York Times reported Thursday that U.S. and Minnesota state officials believed Iran was likely responsible for the cyberattacks on water systems. The F.B.I. said late Thursday the hackers had targeted water facilities in at least seven states.
Mr. Trump dismissed that assessment in a freewheeling cabinet meeting on Friday, saying: “I don’t think so. I think Minnesota is behind it,” adding, “I think the governor’s behind it. I don’t think there was an Iranian cyberattack.”
The president’s baseless claim, contradicted by investigators’ statements that other states had been targeted and their water systems were “degraded” by the attack, appeared aimed at downplaying the threat of the increasingly unpopular war with Iran inside America’s borders. Mr. Trump instead shifted blame to Mr. Walz, Kamala Harris’s running mate in 2024, and his state government, continuing a pattern of trying to punish Minnesota and its Democratic leadership, particularly over the issue of immigration.
7:18 pm:
After Arresting Several, Trump DOJ Says Trump Reflecting Pool Job "Botched", Drops Case Against Former Olympian
All of those arrested should sue Trump for false arrest.
He [David Hearn] was one of seven people facing charges in connection with what President Trump had claimed, without evidence, were efforts to sabotage his administration’s renovation of the pool.
...
In a statement on Friday, lawyers representing him said that the charges should never have been brought.
“Its dismissal today does not erase the abuse of government power in arresting and charging a patriotic American who did nothing wrong. The government’s approach was ready, fire, aim. The administration owes Mr. Hearn an apology,” [ed. Big Bucks] the statement said.