Wednesday, July 22, 2026

This is something. Just "preparation, preparation, preparation"?

The Miami Heat YouTube channel scheduled a video titled 'LeBron James Introductory Press Conference July 27 2026' - The video was then made private

 21st July 2026 10:28pm

nbaclips

Google AI:

The Miami Heat's social media team accidentally published a placeholder YouTube link for a LeBron James introductory press conference scheduled for July 27, 2026. A team spokesperson confirmed it was a mistake made while preparing for the possibility of his free agency decision.

Underdog NBA

Underdog

@UnderdogNBA


Heat's social media department mistakenly posted LeBron James introductory press conference video on YouTube while preparing for the possibility of LeBron picking the Heat, per @Anthony_Chiang.

3:12 AM · Jul 22, 2026

161.1K Views


A preparatory something, I can mostly understand. A VIDEO put together merely in "preparation of a POSSIBLE" occurrence, um, squirm, squeak...Okay. But a "placeholder", I think I understand the usage, "Don't schedule any other superstar free agent intros on July 27". Nah-ah. Are we to believe that Monday July 27 was just chosen at random? That the date was not coordinated with LBJ? 

If we are to believe that, I don't. It is done...or it WAS done: LBJ is--or was--joining the "Heat" and the intro presser is--OR WAS--"hold that place!", scheduled for July 27. Beyond a reasonable doubt I believe that. Now maybe LBJ changed his mind, either in pique over the leak or because his 12-year old daughter put her foot down, or, or, or, or. But that WAS--and still may be--done. Maybe they'll reschedule it, OR go ahead with it on the 27th, OR scrap it entirely because LBJ pitched a fit and is now going to sign elsewhere I DON'T KNOW! But this WAS--AND MAY STILL BE--something. 

-30-