Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Lue:

"We're not going to change our game because of who we're playing...that's our game. That's who we are. And we're not going to change just because we're playing Golden State."
"I'm not doing it." (playing Shumpert instead of J.R. Smith)

Somebody, maybe my excellent friend Zach Lowe, wrote that tonight's is the most important game three in NBA history. Soviet-Americans make those kind of statements all the time. I, a Soviet-American, make those kind of statements all the time. I discount what I say. I thought about that statement all yesterday, however, and I, personally, agree with it because I, personally, want to see the blood and pus swept in four straight games. That is my, personal, condition precedent to Golden State being the greatest team of all time. Personally, I will lose interest in these Finals if the blood and pus are transfigured into the wine and gold tonight. And that means my summer is ruined except for the Stanley Cup finals since there's no soccer and baseball isn't played anymore. 

I think my summer is going to be ruined tonight. I double dare you to find a more inane statement than that above. I think chess grand master T Lue is correct not to change. Counter intuitive, thy name is Harris. I think Cleveland will win tonight and there goes my summer. If they don't then this is history. We are all witnesses.