Friday, May 25, 2012

Seeking the Soul of sports fans.



"I've never seen anything like this! It has gone mad, it has gone mad! Mancini's on the pitch, what a goal! They are all cuddling each other, they have love bites and everything!"
                                                                              -Announcer Paul Merson at the end of the Manchester City-QPR game.

Love bites?  That's pretty funny.  I sent this to my son. This was his response:

Hahahaha. This is the only time that male-on-male cuddling is
acceptable.

Don't lie dad...if you were there, you would have gladly given a couple
love bites. LOL

He's right...WELL, maybe no "love bites," but hugging, yeah I would have. I have. 

My son is absolutely right. Celebrating "your" team's win is about the only occasion on which male physical affection is permitted in America--and England. Most any other situation and you'd get beaten!  Why would that be.

Image: University of Georgia football fans.