Wednesday, September 16, 2015

"As GOP Debate Turns to Issues, Trump Quiets Down."-Washington Post.

So I clicked on that before calling it a day.

"Asked about his own character at the debate’s outset, Trump pivoted quickly—and without a clear reason—to jab Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) “First of all, Rand Paul shouldn’t even be on this stage,” Trump said, because he was so low in the polls."-WP

That got a literal lol out of me and then I looked for a transcript. Each of the candidates was given 30 seconds to introduce himself or herself so, for instance, this was Paul's:

Good evening, everyone. I'm an eye surgeon from Bowling Green, Kentucky. My wife, Kelly, and I have been married for nearly 25 years, and I spend my days defending the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.


Snore. This was Trump's:


I'm Donald Trump. I wrote "The Art of the Deal". I say not in a braggadocious way, I've made billions and billions of dollars dealing with people all over the world, and I want to put whatever that talent is to work for this country so we have great trade deals, we make our country rich again, we make it great again. We build our military, we take care of our vets, we get rid of Obamacare, and we have a great life altogether.

Thank you. Thank you.

No. Thank YOU, Mr. Trump! I had the image of Bugs Bunny before me, pointing to the bull or the monster, "What a maroon, what a nincompoop."

It was gettin' late so I sped-read to the Trump on Paul segment to see the context:

[Jake] TAPPER [moderator to Carly Fiorina]: You didn't answer my question. Would you feel comfortable with Donald Trump's finger on the nuclear codes? It's an issue that one of your fellow candidates has raised.

FIORINA: That's not for me to answer; it is for the voters of this country to answer, and I have a lot of faith in the common sense and good judgment of the voters of the United States of America.

TAPPER: Mr. Trump?

TRUMP: Well, first of all, Rand Paul shouldn't even be on this stage. He's number 11, he's got 1 percent in the polls, and how he got up here, there's far too many people anyway.
...
TRUMP: I never attacked him on his look, and believe me, there's plenty of subject matter right there.

The Post was right, it was a complete non sequitur! Lololol. Image of Wicked Witch of the East, "I'm melting, I'm melting. How can you destroy my beautiful wickedness." Now this could be the high water mark of the Trump candidacy, his Pickett's Charge. What an ass.

A very happy good night to all yinz.