Thursday, April 28, 2016

This is a great article. http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2016/05/12/the-trump-bomb/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NYR%20Guernica%20Xi%20Jungle%20Book&utm_content=NYR%20Guernica%20Xi%20Jungle%20Book+CID_1d518d6363f22013fba6a2791e1423d4&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_term=The%20Trump%20Bomb

The Trump Bomb
Jeremy Bernstein MAY 12, 2016 ISSUE

I recently offered to tutor Donald Trump on nuclear matters. To put things clearly, I went on his website and in the place where you could send comments, I began mine by saying that on these things he did not seem to know his ass from a wheel. I felt that as a person who seems to like straight talk he might appreciate my candor. I then went on to say that while I was not a supporter I would, as a physicist, be willing to tutor him so he would have a clearer understanding of the issue. I have not heard back and the interviews he gave on March 26 to two New York Times reporters—the transcript is available online—show that my services are badly needed.

One of the reporters was David E. Sanger, who is a very great expert on these matters. He showed in the transcript and a subsequent report an almost Buddhic self-restraint. I wish I had been present when he hung up the phone. The other reporter was Maggie Haberman, formerly of Politico.

The undersigned read the interview transcripts carefully and published more than a dozen posts on them under the heading "Trump New York Times Interview, Foreign Policy." I did NOT know that David E. Sanger was "a very great expert" on nuclear weapons. I DID think that Sanger and Maggie Haberman showed "almost Buddhic self-restraint" letting this charlatan go on and on and on without calling him a charlatan, especially Sanger now that I know his expertise. I thought the effect was to let the charlatan hang himself. At the end Trump was almost pleading with them "to be fair." There were a couple of times where Trump's statements were so obvious and so egregious that Sanger corrected him, gently corrected him. North Korea's number one trading partner was Iran, Trump said. Sanger corrected him gently on that. 

Donald J. Trump, Jr. is a no-nothing piece of shit charlatan, that is he is a Republican. If you let him talk long enough on one subject, as in these interviews, he reveals himself. But people don't read long, detailed policy interviews, if they did Jeb Bush would be the presumptive GOP nominee, and Trumpists can't read. A few times I sent M.B.T.T. long emails on Trump's nonsense, one in response to his question, "As a lawyer..." His response: "Just lawyer talk."