Friday, September 15, 2017

"Why Did Trump Work Again With Democrats? ‘He Likes Us,’ Schumer Says"-NYT

Well, I don't know but I will tell you when I saw that lede I instantly thought, "That makes sense. Democrats simply are nicer, more likable people than Republicans."


Hell, Republicans don't even like each other!

“Lucifer in the flesh. I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”
-John Boehner who QUIT Congress rather than work any longer with the likes of Ted Cruz.



"'Why don't you get a drink with Mitch McConnell?,' they ask."







"Really? Why don't YOU get a drink with Mitch McConnell."
-President Obama, April 27, 2013






Trump has also found Democrats to be more competent. Republicans cannot govern; they cannot get anything done.
                         (And when Democrats started cheering Schumer shushed them: don't rub it in.)

I think I learned something from Senator Schumer's overheard conversation in the Senate:

“You’re much better off, if you can sometimes step right and sometimes step left.” Moving only in one direction, Mr. Schumer recalled telling Mr. Trump, meant he was “boxed” in.

Schumer clearly meant ideologically left and right but I took it also to mean that you cannot always be in opposition to another figure in leadership. That is what Republicans were to Obama from the start: from the night of the inauguration ball! You lose credibility when, just reflexively, whatever the other says you say the opposite. I say "I think" I learned that because I do not think it is ever acceptable to be "liked" by, or worse, to like, Adolf Hitler, or Donald Trump. I know this, though: you have to deal with other people to govern.You do not have to like or be liked by someone to govern, but you have to deal with them.

..."He likes me, anyway.” 

You. Had. To. Go. That. ONE. Unnecessary. Step. Further. Didn't you, Chuckles? Just stop. I don't want to see any pictures of you bro-hugging that Russian agent.