Thursday, November 29, 2018

Today's big public occurrence is Michael Cohen's guilty plea to lying to Congress in the Mueller-Trump investigation. Conehead had previously pled guilty to other offenses in a separate but related probe conducted by the Southern District of New York.

Cohen is charged with lying about when he had conversations with Moscow over building a Trump Tower there and whether, and if so when, Fuckface von Clownstick knew about Cohen’s efforts. Of course Trump has said he had no business interests in Russia during the time he was running for president.

I read details in two different stories, in the New York Times and in Business Insider, and I searched both the articles and my memory bank for the underlying, substantive crime that this lying would be evidence of. A conflict in Trump’s interests was mentioned. Is that a crime? Ties between Trump personally and his Russia business and his campaign was another. Isn’t that the same thing? Of course I was thinking lying->motive: Putin steals election for Trump->Trump sucks Putin's dick. I didn't see that.

Of course it is against the law to commit perjury. That’s an oxymoron. Perjury is a crime. Lying about whether an intern sucked your dick in the Oval Office and you jizzed on her sweater is perjury, a crime, and an impeachable offense. But I am not down with the idea that if we can't get him for the underlying substantive offense we'll get him for perjury. I'm not down with the result of a year or four year special counsel investigation on a POTUS ending in the dry hump of a perjury charge.

Ells and Gees: you lie Oh yes you do shut yo lyin' mowf you do! I lie, cops lie presidents lie, every human being on earth lies. As an older criminal defense attorney said dismissively to two young lawyers who were screaming at each other and about to come to blows: "I lie, you lie, he lies, we all lie." The difference between you and me and Bill Clinton and Donald Trump is that you and I did not lie in an "official proceeding," that's the money shot for the crime of perjury. Speaking for my own lying self however if I were the head of state and I had been asked in an official proceeding whether I had gotten a little head in my official state...Actually, disregard that illustrative personal hypothetical because actually I would not have lied about that in an official proceeding; I did not lie about that of which there is no controversy if it "is" sex to the Unfortunate First and Second Mrs Harrises when I was asked and would not have done so if I had been asked "officially." The point is, my only point here is, there is lying, there is, as a client once accused the gendarme, "false lying," there is perjury, but unless perjury is evidence of another more substantive and more grave offense not limited to, but for example, murder, of another human being, or of a nation, then in my--call it cynical if you wish--opinion the investigation into substantive, grave offenses is cynically corrupted when no substantive, grave offenses are found but "mere" perjury is because I lie, you lie, we all lie.

I am Lyin' Benjamin Harris.