Friday, June 26, 2020

“It is the moment that defines the Premier League era.”

Eight years on people are still talking and writing about this. They will be talking and writing about it as long as there are people. I will never forget it as long as I live.

My kids, then 23 and 16 were at their mother's house. My son stormed out of the Florida room and slammed the door to take a shower. Moments later my daughter yelled to him, "WE SCORED!" He came out half naked to watch the ending.

I was in my condo, reading. Not paying attention to the match. That certain that we would win. I got a text from my son. My hands shook on the steering wheel as I drove to my office to catch stoppage time on my computer.

It was the most intense frisson I have ever experienced.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4094160/remembering-aguerooo-and-man-citys-epic-comeback-to-pip-man-united-to-the-2012-premier-league-title