I had breakfast at the Latin Cafe this morning.
There are only two sit-down restaurants on 41st Street, a major, major artery, on Miami Beach. There were more, a Chinese restaurant right across from me, and a delightful French cafe, but all but two have mostly been turned into BANKS. There are banks of every race, color and creed on 41st Street now.The other extant restaurant is Roasters Toasters, formerly Arnie and Richies, a Jewish-style deli. Roasters Toasters certainly has the better food and I prefer it for a good, hearty meal, but it is more upscale (as upscale as a deli can be). The Latin is a People's restaurant. I took this photo this morning because early as it was there are always working class people there just before their shift. The far corner, where two police officers are seated, is usually the Otis Elevator peoples' table. There are usually four to six employees there. In the near table are three other employees of the City of Miami Beach, sanitation department as I recall. The Latin is inexpensive and I can get Cuban coffee there. I go there maybe once a week and have been going there for years and years.
