Sunday, August 17, 2014

A bewildered wayfarer on the information highway stumbled into these here parts today, read the post linked below and left more bewildered. No doubt. As was I when I heard of it. On the TV. Apparently. This bewildered me for days, I couldn't get it out of my head.  The headline was like one of Noam Chomsky's deliberately non-sensical sentences. You understand each of the words but the whole sentence doesn't make sense. You can obsess on those things. I can. This thing so stuck in my head that I blurted it out to Maureen Dowd when I met her. At a book show. I couldn't help it, it was like I had some kind of Tourette's Syndrome. She appeared bewildered. Also.

You know what, I wouldn't read that if I were you. I'm sorry I did. Again. It could mess you up. Like it did me. It's like LSD. What if you run into Maureen Dowd? As I did. I probably shouldn't even have written this. I can feel it coming back. Having written it I should not post it. But I will. I cannot help it. It's like a bad LSD trip coming back again after 9 years. Don't talk about it if you do read it. Try to put it out of your head. Sing ABBA songs, that seemed to work for me. Try not to sing ABBA out loud, though. I think other people know if you start singing ABBA songs that you've read it. Don't talk to Maureen Dowd until you're sure you have this licked. I'm sorry.
http://publicoccurrenc.blogspot.com/2005/11/on-dead-sparrow-overshadows-domino.html?m=1