Thursday, April 30, 2015

Baltimore Black Race Riots.

This is from a Time magazine article ironically titled "How Baltimore Police Lost Control in 90 Minutes."

Still, the police department’s tepid response to the first hour and a half of violence may have actually saved lives. Years of close training meant that despite all the police injuries, no police fired on the crowd, and no protestors were killed. “What I was impressed with is when they had bricks thrown at them, the police officers held their fire,” said Ret. General Russel L. Honoré, who led operations and brought calm to New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. “The police showed extraordinary restraint.”

I'm having a hard time with this. That IS the most important thing--nobody was killed. It's amazing, literally unknown to me, that a city RIOT against the police resulted in no deaths. Life IS more valuable than property. But those poor cops, especially the ones who were injured. AND the property damage; my God that counts for SOMETHING. But no deaths. I come full circle. I don't know what to think of this.


I know one thing to think--God bless the Baltimore Police. That image is from their twitter video, it is fantastic. I hope everybody watches it.