Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Conversion To Christianity As It Is Practiced And Preached Today.

At a baptism, pastor Gottfried Martens asked one Iranian refugee Mohammed Ali Zonoobi: 'Will you break away from Satan and his evil deeds? 'Will you break away from Islam?'

To which he fervently replied: 'Yes.'

Martens then baptised him 'in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.' 

-Daily Mail UK, et al.

I don't like that! Christianity is the one universal religion, it is the one all-inclusive, not exclusive, religion. There are no Chosen People in Christianity. Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, atheists, agnostics, are not excluded, either from Christian fellowship or salvation. That is what I have always believed and been told. Who told me that? I don't fucking know, somebody! Lots of somebodies. So why is Pastor Martens asking those questions? He is protestant, as I was raised. Maybe I wasn't raised too good. Maybe I wasn't learned too good. Maybe I haven't gone to church much in the last forty years. Maybe you'd be RIGHT about that! Maybe I never converted. You'd be right about that too. I just WAS. I was never asked those questions...I did promise to raise my children as Catholics, though...Had to to get married in the Catholic Church...Had to do that to get married to the ex-Mrs. Harris #Dos...Didn't like that. At all...But DID it. I am a desPICable piece of shit. But didn't raise my kids Catholic either...Am a MORE despicable piece of shit for that, I guess...Whatever!...I do NOT like having converts promise, or whatever, swear, whatever, that they are going to "break away" from "Satan" in one breath and then "break away" from Islam in the next breath! Or any other religion! No "break aways," I don't like breakaways. I thought the whole IDEA of Protestantism was that the relationship between person and Christian God was personal, NOT mediated by the Bishop of Rome or the Bishop of Barnesboro or none of them Bishops. I KNOW that was the idea of Protestantism, that's where the whole "Protestant work ethic" came from, you had to do good or whatever in your personal life to be a good Protestant Christian which meant work hard and make a lot of money which was a winning message!, not just like join a club like "Hi, I joined the Catholic Church, I'm saved." like the Elks or whatever "Hi, I'm a Brother Elk, I'm..." whatever you are when you're an Elk or a Moose or whatever but nooo! according to Pastor Martens up there you have to "break away" from Elks and Mooses and Muslims and whatever. I'm not down with that.