Thursday, August 04, 2016

I swear to God in Her blue heavens I am not going to start commentating on all sub-presidential elections. But this one I will. Speaker of the House of Representatives Paul D. Ryan has a primary opponent in Wisconsin's first congressional district next Tuesday. His "challenger" is some mope named Paul Nehlen. Tea Bagger, Nehlen. I've only been paying quasi-attention to this in the last week or so. When Clownstickanov refused to endorse Ryan and tweeted sweet nothings at Nehlen. I looked into the polls in this race.There are no reliable polls and Nehlen is thought to be an "extreme longshot," that's the Quasi's term for him. But the Quasi's are still writing about this "extreme longshot." And the reason for that, besides Clownstickanov, is the ghost of Eric Cantor. In 2012 or 2014, I forget, Cantor, the number three in the House, got cantered over in a primary by Tea Bagger "David" "Brat." No lie, David Brat.

Now I, Benjamin Harris, do not give a deuce for Paul Ryan. If Paul Ryan were on fire right out side my front door, I, Benjamin Harris, would not get off my bed which I am currently lying on whilst I type this overlong already post, to piss on Paul Ryan to extinguish the flames. Small possibility of that scenario coming to pass but I mention it to show my utter indifference to Paul Ryan. Which I do plaintively begs the question, to wit: So why the hell am I writing about this? TO SHOW I HAVE MY PULSE ON THE NATION, THAT'S WHY. And it would be colossal. HUGE. For the newly minted speaker of the House to go down in flames. As it were. And so I'm not writing some fevered post the day after, all broke out in shock. Are there implications beyond? I don't know. Good night.

Oh. I'm taking the rude constitutionalists off the header. There is a *special* post in the publishing queue which will go online at midnight, which post has nothing to do with the constantly interrupting constitutionalists and would create cognitive dissonance in those who cogitate. Later.