Sunday, August 23, 2020

Kellyanne Conway to Leave White House, George to Leave Lincoln Project

The Lincoln Project people are my heroes in life.


It nearly makes me weep to lose one who I came to love and admire as I did George. This decision makes me love and admire him more, and I did not think that possible. I wish that I had lived my own life one-tenth as bravely and principled as they have in just eight months.

The fate of the Republic now rests on the broad, tireless, dreadnought shoulders of seven instead of eight Atlases.









And they will save it.

I am so proud of and respect George and Kellyanne so much for this. How they did this all of these months with George at LP and Kellyanne in the WH, I don’t know. In a statement Kellyanne said,

“This is completely my choice and my voice. In time, I will announce future plans. For now, and for my beloved children, it will be less drama, more mama.”

Beloved George, one of my heroes in life, tweeted,

George Conway
@gtconway3d
So I’m withdrawing from @ProjectLincoln to devote more time to family matters. And I’ll be taking a Twitter hiatus. 

Needless to say, I continue to support the Lincoln Project and its mission. Passionately.
10:16 PM · Aug 23, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Fifteen year-old Claudia is a special, precocious child and was so clearly being affected by the papa and mama drama. Claudia too is taking a a break from Twitter.

On Sunday, however, she also tweeted that social media was “becoming way too much,” so she had decided to take “a mental health break.”

“See y’all soon,” she wrote. “Thank you for the love and support. No hate to my parents please.”

Now I ask you, can you have more respect for a family like that? I cannot. This decision is really putting family ahead of politics. If I believed in God I would wish that God bless the Conway family. Since I don’t I will wish them the most sincere godspeed I can. Poor folks, poor, poor folks, and especially little Claudia and the other kids.