Sunday, January 23, 2011

Notice to Readers.


Notice To Readers
Future posts published here under the series Politics & Justice in the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office, will now be published on a separate blog, Politics and Justice in Miami, www.politicsandjusticeinmiami.blogspot.com.

Since May, 2010 forty percent of the "audience" (Google-ese) of Public Occurrences has been from outside the United States entirely. By contrast 95% (I would guess) of the readers of the Politics & Justice series are from U.S. zip codes contiguous to 33136. Who Katherine Fernandez-Rundle (in military uniform above), Howard Pohl, et al are, and why anyone outside the areas around 33136 should care, are good questions. I have asked myself those good questions increasingly over the last few months, and have concluded that most of Public Occurrences audience has no idea who they are and no desire to know. Having answered those questions myself, it became increasingly difficult for me to justify writing about these personages here. And so I have not.

However, there continue to be readers of my former blog,
www.transcriptsrecordsdocuments.blogspot.com. which was devoted to 33136 minutiae even though nothing has been published there in over a year and a half. It was my intent when I made this decision to divorce (a procedure with which I am not unfamiliar) from Public Occurrences to simply post a notice like this that Transcripts was being reactivated and all 33136-related posts would appear there. Alas, I could not (well, to be absolutely precise about it, I did not know how to) even though I asked Google for Help! These then are the gory details that went into the conception and birth of Politics and Justice in Miami.

On Friday I received an email from Ms. Rundle's office that Howard Pohl's personnel file was on it's way to me. The gory details, if any, in there are clearly (to me) not of much, if any, relevance to a blog titled Public Occurrences. Thus, this seemed a good time for the divorce.

All past posts written here on the State Attorney's Office will remain here. An abbreviated version of this notice will appear on the first page of Public Occurrences for a reasonable time of transition.