Thursday, November 21, 2013

My daughter is a real girly-girl, there's not a tom-boy cell in her body. Like a lot of girly-girls she enjoys sports but...doesn't have the intricacies committed to memory. "What quarter is it?" (soccer match). She really likes to watch soccer and, of course, is a Man City fan.


She really likes soccer because of the "cute" players.


Cute and "hot!"

Monday she emailed me a Christmas idea: "I think it's only right to have the jersey of my future hubby <3 .="">


"Sure, honey!"

Monday night I asked her how this had come about:

"DAD, the only Man City shirt I have is a Thomas Cook one."
"Oh yeah, Etihad is our sponsor now."
"Dad, Thomas Cook the player. African-American? Duh."
"Thomas Cook the player? We don't have a Thomas Cook..."
"...It has his name right on the jersey."
"...He can't be African-American..."
"...Well, African. Black."
"Wait a minute, show me, bring it up on your phone."
















(Laughing) "Goose, that's not Thomas...(laughing)...Oh my God...That's not Thomas Cook...Our shirt sponsor was Thomas Cook then."
"But it has his name on it."
(Convulsions on bed.)
"Thomas Cook was an old white guy...British..Oh my God...traveler's checks...Okay. The players names go on the back honey, the sponsor's name goes on the front."
(Laughing) "Oh...I thought..."
(Laughing) "Oh wait till I tell your brother..."
"Dad, don't, please."

(And immediately after the Aguero shirt request: "this works too of course www.tiffany.com.")