Saturday, February 27, 2016

It's Time. They're Out of Time

I don't understand the lower life forms.

Why did Marco Rubio wait so long? He says "I don't like attacking other Republicans." Then why are you doing it now? "Because I don't want the conservative party to get hijacked by a 'con artist.'" What was he two months ago?

Ted Cruz said he would NOT attack Trump. EVER. Said that a couple months ago. Immediately after Iowa Trump began wasting Cruz--"STOLE IOWA!," "LIAR!" "SICK!"--Cruz didn't respond in kind, characterized them as "trumpertantrums." Trump got 'im, killed Cruz dead, Trump has been laying off him to go after Rubio. Cruz has only been attacking back since right before South Carolina. NOW Cruz is going after Trump.

I read earlier today that so far Trump's attacks on the other Republican candidates have outnumbered anti-Trump attacks by 9-1.

Better late than never! True that and there is still time, but my God, what do they think this is, Olympic diving, where you get extra points for degree of difficulty? Rubio has got some great material, That is going to dent Trump, too!, but he waits until the last week in February to roll it out?

The so-called Republican establishment, Is there really such a thing? I don't think so., Anti-Trump office-holders, big donors, long-time Republicans, the "intelligentsia," an oxymoron when applied to lower life forms, have got hives they're so worried. Mitch McConnell even took time away from shutting down the Supreme Court to send a memo to other senate Republicans that they should feel free to attack Trump this summer to save their own skins. McConnell's resigned to Trump as the nominee. More and more big donors are resigned to it. Only the intelligentsia acted timely.

There is still time, and as a fervent anti-Republican--I think I have mentioned that previously, no? I WANT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY DEAD!-- I wish there weren't time but even I am catching myself looking ahead. Okay, the case for "there's still time:" On February 19 I wrote that the time was between March 9 (by which time 50% of all GOP delegates will have been allocated) and on or about April 26, the 75% threshold date. After March 8, "Super Tuesday," delegates are awarded winner-take-all. I wrote that, in my judgment, there were two conditions precedent to that being "the time:" Uno, that Trump be shown to have a low ceiling of support between 30%-40%; Dos, that it becomes a two-man race, and it ain't lookin' too peppy for either of those conditions. 

Trump won 46% in the Nevada caucuses, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a caucus, okay fine, but he didn't win 26% either!  Trump picked up his first few endorsements from party office-holders including one big FAT one in Chris Krispy Kreme. That hurt Rubio. I have not looked at the polls but I bet Trump still averages within his presumed ceiling range on Super Tuesday.

The race is not going to be down to two men by March 9. Rubio, Cruz and Kasich will all still be in the race, Kasich to the greatest degree of exasperation to anti-Trump GOPers.

So one of the two conditions precedent is DOA and the other is a firm "maybe."

Ergo, there is not time.

Rubio, you coulda been a contenda if you wasn't a lower life form.

Let the Extermination begin! Onward to November! (Rubio, lay off now, okay?) "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." DEATH TO COCKROACHES! Somebody call Scalia to administer last rites, oh right.