Tuesday, February 16, 2016

"We're voting with our middle finger."-John Baldwin, used car salesman, Trump supporter, Greenville, SC.

And there is that!

With thoughts of Olivia Nuzzi dancing in my head, my first thought was "To whom are you giving the finger?" and "Why?"

Mr. Baldwin's statement is not really in line with the sensitive tone to Ms. Nuzzi's tweets about Trump supporters, I mean, did you have John Baldwin and his upraised middle finger pop into your head when you read her tweets?

But...They care about him. They trust him as a leader who won't allow them to be fucked over.

Baldwin adopts Trump's anger...Okay, so me thinks there is this going on here, too: John is a purveyor of pre-owned automobiles which is likely not the Life Mission John envisioned for himself. Probably not a billionaire, John is probably not a billionaire. Would like to have been a billionaire, John would have taken being a billionaire as his Life Mission. Probably. Probably feels sometimes he coulda been a billionaire if he hadn't been fucked over. At least a millionaire. Probably. But John doesn't say that out loud much. People would make "fun" of him. "Ha-ha, John the used car salesman thinks he coulda been a millionaire if he hadn't gotten fucked over. Ha-ha John, LOSER!" That would make John feel bad so he doesn't verbalize his secret, unrealized ambitions too often. But John is down with a real billionaire giving the middle finger to the world fer him! "I'm pissed, HE'S pissed! Getting pissed WITH him makes me feel like a billionaire, at least a millionaire."  So maybe there's some fantasy projection going on here. Does John feel that it's not too late! President Trump will un-fuck him over and he'll become at least the millionaire he has always been destined to be? That would be a logical one step further from Olivia's Principia Trumpica. No. John isn't that stupid. His fantasies are not that florid. It's fantasy enough for John that a billionaire is giving a stumpy middle finger to the world for him.

And it could be, in part, this:...Who is that right wing woman with the neck like she got a penis implant there? Shit...Wtf is her...LAURA! Laura...Ingram or Ingraham or something, right? There is this with her, whatever her name is, I don't think it's Laura, DAMN! There is being, saying, and doing Outrageous because you can! Her mother always told her, "Laura/Whatever, you can NOT get a penis implanted in your throat. No Laura!" "Yes, I can, yes I can! I did, see?! And I'll say lots of outrageous things with my throat, too!" Or Rush Limbaugh, "Can TOO be a success as a big fat idiot and have a drug problem TOO! I did! See? Ha-ha, mom, LOSER!" Or John's mom: "John, you can't vote with your middle finger. No John! You have to be a big fat idiot and sell used cars, just like your pa."

Maybe they are doing it, in part, to get a reaction from us. It makes them feel important. People are paying attention to them. EVERYBODY is paying attention to them. Talking about them on the electronic teevee machine, showin' their pitchers, even quotin' 'em in the Washington Post newspaper! Hasn't happened in awhile to John. Good while. Last time John got his name in the paper it was fer an award at the Rotary Club in Greenvul. Wasn't quoted then though. Didn't give a speech or nuthin'. But, DAMN...But DANG, ya git in the Wershington Post fer votin' with yer middle finger?If ah stick ma dick down ma own throat kin ah be on the teevee luk wazzer name?

Ah don't...I don't think some of them are looking to Trump to protect them from getting fucked over, I think they want to fuck other people over. I think some of them are projecting; Trump said "fuck" on stage, Trump called Cruz a "pussy" on stage, in repetition of a shout from a female supporter!; if a billionaire running for president can talk like I do when I'm drunk why can't I do it when I'm not drunk? It can feel GOOD to say "fuck!" I say it all the time fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck; it is, I don't know, maybe "liberating," and "empowering" are too strong; obnoxious, outrageous, titillating; it is "expressive," I personally find it most expressive, it is an excellent seasoning, really adds ooomph  to a bland meal and what are sentences but food for thought, know what I mean. I get all that. Yes, it is embarrassing, it is embarrassing to the country, it embarrasses those who express themselves such, but embarrassment is attention. So ah think somuvem do it fer the attention. Wanna see me lick ma balls?

Now, I'm not sure how seriously to take Trumpism. It's 30%-40% of the smaller of the two political parties. So we have to watch them lick their balls. The balls-licking Leader is going to get his balls crushed in the end and we get to say, "Ha-ha, John licked his balls on the teevee, everybody saw."

However, if we didn't show Trump and his ball-lickers on television all the time, didn't quote their pithy contributions to participatory democracy in the Great Republic would Trumpism have happened at all? This reinforcing media coverage is talked about seriously as a factor. "If a tree fell in the forest and there was no one around to hear would the used car salesman make a sound..."Somethin' like that.