Saturday, March 21, 2020

ITALY'S CORONAVIRUS DEATHS SPIKE NEARLY TWO WEEKS INTO LOCKDOWN, AN OMINOUS SIGN FOR NEW YORK AND CALIFORNIA

(Newsweek)

Ooh, I thought when I posted earlier on Italy that the mortality rate was doubly sickening because Italians have been on lockdown. The singing Italians! But I didn’t follow up. So what does the Italian experience say about the efficacy of a lockdown? If that doesn’t work then lockdown-lite, “social distancing”, is a joke.

If lockdowns don’t work what is Plan B? I thought last night but again didn’t follow up, what about something less impactful on the economy, like masks and gloves? I remember seeing Maximum Leader Xi of China in a mask. Every health worker treating coronavirus patients that I’ve seen in every country has had a mask on. I saw a few people out today with masks on. The cashiers at CVS were wearing sterilized gloves. Do masks and gloves protect you from this thing? If not WHY ARE HEALTH CARE WORKERS WORKING WITH CONFIRMED VIRUS PATIENTS MASKED AND GLOVED UP? If masks and gloves do protect then WHY CAN’T WE ALL WEAR MASKS AND GLOVES AND GO TO WORK?