Thursday, May 28, 2015

This has been an unusual 24 hours or so at the United States Department of Justice. The head of the department, Loretta Lynch, is new. Yesterday she about indicted the whole of Fifa, world soccer's governing body and today, I just saw the headlines, she indicted Dennis Hastert. "Dennis Hastert, Dennis Hastert, who was that now? Ah, yes..." Hastert was speaker of the House of Representatives from 1999-2007. Hastert has been indicted for:

lying to the FBI,
about secret hush money he was paying,
to conceal other misconduct.
?
Well, you have to read between the lines with any story in the Quasi-official New York Times and I have done did that and unless I'm very much off my mark the payments were to cover up a longstanding homosexual relationship he had. If I am not very much off my mark I resent this indictment. Hastert is 73 years old, has been out of government service for almost eight years and you are going to lie about an embarrassing personal sexual matter! A homosexual relationship is the most embarrassing, humiliating thing you could reveal on Dennis Hastert, a Republican. He is absolutely going to pay his lover to keep his mouth shut. So what? Don't indict a man for that.