Friday, May 15, 2015

Mental. Warfare.

Disjointed, not wholly random, thoughts:

I am reeling.

How could Lincoln have made Humphreys a general? His career was almost entirely in government service, his repeated breakdowns were known--or knowable--to those in authority.

Yet he performed...Searching for the mot juste...He did not have a collapse at Fredericksburg, started to write "performed well" but don't think that's the mot juste, he was brave at Fredericksburg, Not a hero!....Didn't do much at Chancellorsville..."Performed well" at Gettysburg.

Over all he performed credibly as a general! How? How did he pull himself together to have performed credibly on the battlefield?

I think "Florida Illness" is another name for sun stroke, not some tropical disease, e.g malaria. I think, I'm not sure. I think that is how HHH uses it. AAH did not suffer sunstroke, he was mentally deranged, but I think that's how HHH intends us to understand "Florida Illness."

Sherman also had a mental breakdown, relinquished command. Sherman was a great general.

"Stonewall" Jackson. That motherfucker was crazier than a loon. Great general.

How many other Civil War generals were insane?

Is America insane?

The Dec.of Ind. is an insane document, the product of deranged minds.

I have thought, "America is not insane now, it was insane at the beginning, when did America lose its insanity?" I have thought that. I have thought, comfortingly, "We got it out of our system by the time of the Civil War. We were not insane then." Haven't had that thought recently. Maybe we're still insane...9/11 truthers... fuck.

AAH was arrested in Italy as a spy. Preview of coming attractions. When he was in Europe recovering after his 1851 collapse he was arrested in Italy as a spy...See, I have to repeat that, I am aware that I just wrote that, I have to write it again for it to "sink in."