Friday, May 22, 2015


With the graves as background and everything. Jesus Christ. You would not believe this if someone showed you a pic cold. Or video. Nah: actors, photoshopped; Bullshit, didn't happen. Guess what is going to be the posting theme for Monday, Memorial Day?

We're going to start off precisely at midnight with Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.'s 1884 Memorial Day address. I have reprinted that a number of times and have also posted my popular learned commentary a number of times. I'm going to let Holmes speech stand unpolluted by my own thoughts and then separately post excerpts avec commentary, not the same old same old, New! Improved! commentary more relevant to the posts of the last couple days. Until manana, good night Johnny Reb, good night Billy Yank...Damnedest thing I ever saw.