Friday, December 04, 2015

This is the University of Pittsburgh.

He was not a star coming out of high school.

But he rose to become voted the finest player in a major conference and an All-American.

He became a beloved son of a proud university and a strong city.

And when he was injured in the first game of the season he touched those beyond.



This was to be his last year in college. He would leave for the riches of the National Football League.

James Conner diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma




"I will play football again. I will be at Heinz Field again. I have the best coaches and teammates in the country. I thank God I chose Pitt because now I also have the best doctors in the country, and together we will win. I know this city has my back."



James Conner is the University of Pittsburgh.