Sunday, October 30, 2016

Comes now CNN and says it was a subpoena that was the legal tool used to get Weiner's computer into the FBI's hands. "Manhattan prosecutors" issued a "subpoena"...Any lawyer can issue a subpoena, prosecutors and defense attorneys. Very broad, subpoenas are very broad. There is a "subpoena duces tecum" for the production of documentary evidence...Usually you don't issue a subpoena for a fucking computer; from the Wall Street Journal article I thought the FBI had the physical fucking computer. That, I am almost positive, requires a warrant. I can issue a subpoena duces tecum to Google for documentary evidence on a computer, they just mail it back to me. I can't get the fucking computer. I don't think the "Manhattan prosecutors" got the computer via subpoena, just the metadata. But I also thought that in this fucking brave new cyber world that the metadata too could only be obtained with a warrant, not with just a fucking subpoena.

I don't know, man. These guys are lawyers too. I'm reasonably confident they didn't commit legal bird pumps and throw the presidential election.