Tuesday, January 31, 2017

"My motivation is this ghost I'm chasing. The ghost played in Chicago."-LeBron James

I didn't know that! That was on the cover of Sports Illustrated last summer and I don't get SI. I knew nothing about that until reading Brian Windhorst just now on ESPN.

He's chasing Jordan. I'll be damned. The number of Jordan's titles (five?). £'s got three and is so tetchy these days cuz Golden Pond hooked a whale in the summer, the Mistakers hooked DeAndre Liggins, the "Spurs" have £'s anointed BOAT coach, and Cleve has Tyronn Lue. £ is 33 and he doesn't have much time, as he reminded us all last week.

I wish the guy wasn't chasing a ghost though. You don't catch ghosts, right? It's like impossible? When the ghost is MJ, oooh boy. Realistically they have to win two championships in the next four years. That is doable by my lights, apparently not by £'s and his lights are considerably more penetrating than mine. (I know that's false modesty on my part. I am a quasar in the matter of lights.)

What if he catches his ghost? Wins two more. Does he want to PASS Jordan, win six? I wish he wasn't chasing in the first place and hope he isn't chasing to pass.