Friday, October 13, 2017

Why is Friday the 13th Considered Unlucky?

I asked myself. I asked Google.

"Jesus was crucified on a Friday and there were 13 guests at the Last Supper the night before his crucifixion. Another account suggests that the day has been associated with misfortune since 1307, when on a Friday the 13th, the French king gave the orders to arrest hundreds of Knights Templar."

Oh! Well cut me down and call me shorty, that makes perfect sense then. Not that Knights Templar crap. Be gone!  Mr. Jesus.
I only count TWELVE. Wait a cotten picken' minute. Is somebody messing with the LAST SUPPER! I counted them three times. Unless there's somebody hiding under the table...Or went to use the men's room...Do you count Mr. Jesus? Maybe that's it! That would make 13. But wait a minute. That source says 13 "guests." Mr. Jesus was not a mere "GUEST." It was his supper, his last one. That's not a "guest," Jesus was the HOST...No...No, you wouldn't call Jesus the host, I mean you do call him the Host, right? Father, Son, Holy, oh no, that's Ghost. Guy's who have their "last meal" before their appointment with "Old Sparky," you don't call them GUESTS, you call them CONDEMNED, Ghosts-in-waiting, but not GUESTS..."And there were 13 guests at the Last Supper the night before his crucifixion"...That sentence cannot be read reasonably to include Jesus! Who wrote that frigging thing? I'll be damned if I'm going to consider Jesus-Effing-CHRIST a GUEST at the Last Frigging Supper!!! Maybe Michelangelo forgot somebody? Um, I hold that to be unlikely. Maybe the author of that quote is a FRIGGING MO-RON like Trump or Larry Laughlin or that unsightly...Terri Lynn Rote, that non compus mentis MO-RON-ETTE...Maybe it is the frigging Knights Templar...I end on an ambivalent, contentious note. Good NIGHT.