Thursday, February 21, 2019

Discovery of the Rothko Chapel Paintings, I

Dear Sirs, Ma'am,

Can you tell me which museum in Texas it is that has fallen into disrepair and is in need of money for renovation? I briefly saw an article on this in, I think, Art Forum and now cannot locate the article.

Dear Mr. Harris,

I know of no museum in Texas that is falling into disrepair save perhaps The Alamo. However we all are in need of funding. Could I interest you in a membership?

Dear Sirs, Ma'am,

Can you help me with this? I briefly saw an article in, I think, Art Forum, on a museum in Texas that was falling into disrepair for lack of funds. There was only one photograph accompanying the article and it showed purple interior walls.

That is all I remember and I cannot find the article now. If any of this sounds familiar would you please let me know which museum you think it might be.

Dear Benjamin,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have asked other staff and no one, myself included, knows of a museum in Texas that is experiencing financial difficulties to such extent that the integrity of the physical plant is threatened.

As a museum ourselves it is alarming to us to think of another in such straits. If you ever determine which museum it is please let us know.